Amazon is one of the largest eCommerce websites across the world. On Amazon online shopping store, you can find everything ranging from health care products to beauty products to electronic products. For your information, the store started as an online book store (and it’s still a best place to find your favorite books) and later it evolved and became one of the largest online shopping stores.
Also, just for your knowledge, products that you find on the store are not sold by Amazon itself but by local and international sellers. Actually, it provides a platform to small or medium range sellers and gives them opportunity to expand their business and in returns it takes a small part of their earnings as commission.
Today, in this post, I’ll walk you through how to create Amazon account and order a product from a mobile device.
Amazon mobile app and website are very user friendly and you can easily buy a product using either platform. In this post, we will use Amazon online shopping mobile app to order a product.
What are you going to learn:
- How to create Amazon account
- How to order in Amazon
1. Create Amazon account
As mentioned above, to buy an item from Amazon, you should be a registered user. You can also create an account while ordering a product. But I recommend you to create an account first so you can easily complete your order. Follow the steps given below to register on Amazon.
1. First thing first, go to your phone’s app store say Google Play Store and install official Amazon app.
2. After installing the app, open it and from the top left corner, tap on Menu button. Then tap on “Hello. Sign In”.
3. On the next page, select radio button next to “Create an account” and then enter the asked details. Note: Email field is an optional field. You can let it blank but if you’ve an email ID then you should enter it there to get email updates from Amazon.
4. Next, you’ll have to create a password for your Amazon account. After entering the password, tap on Continue.
5. Now, you will receive a one time password (OTP) on your mobile number. Just enter it in the given field and tap on Verify. Note: Tap on “Resend Code” if you’ve not received OTP message.
Ta Da! You’ve successfully created Amazon account. Now you can order anything. Read on to know how to order in Amazon.
Watch video in Hindi:
2. How to order in Amazon
1. Open Amazon app and find a product that you want to buy. You can tap on “Shop by category” and then you will be able to see a list of categories. You can tap on any category to find a relevant product.
If you’re looking for a specific product then you can search it by using given search box.
2. Once you find a product that you want to buy, tap on that product and swipe down and tap on “Delivery to” to check availability and delivery time (See above screenshots).
3. After tapping on the link, hit “Enter a PIN code” link and enter your area’s PIN or ZIP code. Hit apply button.
Note: You can also tap on “Use my current location” but your phone location should be turned ON.
Next, if you can see “In stock” written in green text then it means the product you’ve selected is available at you location. Underneath “In stock” you can see delivery time.
Important:Do you know if you would have invested ₹100000 on 21-May-2020 in State Bank of India stock then your ₹1 Lakh would have become ₹124000 on 05-June-2020 (24% retuns in less than 1 month)? This is the power of investing. Open your Demat and Trading account with Angel Broking by clicking on this special link and start investing in good stocks. To learn the basics watch this video.
4. Now, you can see “QTY” which means quantity. There you’ve to select number of products you want to buy. If you’re buying only one product then let it be 1.
5. Tap on Buy to order your selected product.
6. On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter delivery address. Just tap on “Add a New Address” and enter your address details. Once you enter your address details, tap on “Deliver to this address”.
7. Hit Continue button.
8. Now you’re on payment page. Here you’ve different payment options to choose from. If you want to pay using credit, you can select credit option.
Similarly if you want to make payment using your debit card or ATM card then you can select Debit card. If you would like pay cash on delivery then you can select “Pay on Delivery”.
In the next steps, I’m going to pay using debit card, which is an easy way to make payment but you can pick any preferred option.
9. After selecting Debit card, tap on “Choose an option” and select your debit card issuing authority like Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Rupay and the like and then enter your debit card details such as its 16 digits number, expiry date (written on your card), and CVV number (find it underneath the black magnetic strip).
10. Subsequently, tap on “Save and Continue”.
Note: In the end of the payment page, you can see “Add Gift Card or Promo Code” there you can add a discount voucher code (if you have any) to get discount.
11. Next, you’ll receive an OTP message on your registered mobile number from your bank to confirm the payment. Simply, enter that OTP message and hit Continue button.
12. Now, check your product details and payment details and hit Place Order button.
That’s it. You’ve successfully bought a product on Amazon. Your product will be delivered to you soon. You’ll get SMS notifications on your mobile number.